Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday #9



Hi Everyone,
 
For my next Scrap Basket Sunday post, linking with Kim, I chose more red, white, and blue fabrics since I am only working in those colors during these 39 days from Memorial Day through July 4.
Last Sunday, I pulled out a baggie full of Minick and Simpson scraps.  These were left overs from a past project and I though mostly unusable as they were small and skinny.  However, they worked perfectly for the next scrappy, patriotic pattern that I wanted to play with.







It's another Schnibble pattern featuring patriotic pincushions. I made some pincushions a while back, so I still had plenty of stuffing (crushed walnut shells.)  The pattern gives 7 different versions and I made 6 of them.  For backing I was using a piece of red wool felt and I didn't have enough for the seventh "pinnie."


This is the red wool backing. 



I decided to have fun and use some of my collection of vintage, red, children's chairs to display them all.

 
I like the look of the very skinny logs on this one, but I really wish I had been paying attention and turned the center square so its diagonal was the same as the block's.
 

Of course, this is my favorite!
 
 

 
 



 
These pincushions are fun and fairly quick to piece, so it is nearly as easy to make a bunch as it is just one.  I think one or two will go to my guild this month for their door prizes. 
 
Have a great day!
JoAnne

20 comments:

  1. What a perfect project for your scraps. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love those pincushions. A brilliant use for all those scraps. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection. They look so cute sitting on those chairs, too.
    I like how the use of the medium blue fits right in with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good use of scraps. The pincushions are so cute. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tuffets. I made those once, they are fun. What a great way to take pictures of them with your little red chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful use of scraps !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable tuffets Just a perfect way to use your scraps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, they look darling on your collection of little red chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to finish all these little projects. You have upped your game with your photo shoots too, the chairs look great with your cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely darling! I made a bunch of these several years ago, but after seeing yours, I see I'm gonna have to make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute on your red chairs... Love them all, but my absolute favorite is the one with the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these!! A great idea to display them on your chairs!!! Where do you find the time to create so many fun things?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute pin cushions! I think I have that pattern--now I will have to find it. I'm SO jealous of your red chair collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you find all those cute red chairs? I've got a little red child's rocker that fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look great and I love those Minick & Simpson fabrics. I've loved seeing all the red, white and blue projects you've been making during this time. In the same period of time, I don't think I've taken even one stitch. It's great to be able to live vicariously through others!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! I LOVE them! What a good idea to use all those tiny scraps to make your pincushions--and displaying them on the old children's chairs is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pincushions are wonderful as are your little red chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable quilts, wonderful chairs! Love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bunch of tuffets in RWB! And I love seeing them on your chair collection. : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, oh my!! Absolutely wonderful!! Love them all!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete