Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Doll Quilt Swap: Quilt Received

Hi Everyone,

Goodness, I'm a day late and a dollar short posting this!  Spring is upon us and I've been doing lots of gardening, yardwork, and babysitting recently and that is keeping me from stitching as much as I like!  Oh well, soon the heat will keep me inside in my sewing room.

The last post I shared detailed the quilt I made for the Reproduction Doll Quilt Swap hosted by Lori at Humble Quilts.  Making and sending a quilt off is lots of fun, and next was the true excitement when the mail came each day to see if my quilt was there.  Finally, one day, my husband brought in the mail and there was a package for me!  I confess, I was so eager to open it and see what it was that I didn't even hear him telling me about his day.  I think he was a bit miffed at me about that, but frankly, non-quilters just don't get it...

Anyway, what came out of the package was simply stunning!


This totally gorgeous quilt, plus some fabric, a pattern, and some awesome RWB measuring tape ribbon bundling it all together.

The quilt is so fun.  I'd never seen any pattern like it before--it reminds me of houses.  Just a few days later, though, I was looking on Amazon and they had "recommended books" for me to look at.  One was this:



It's the pattern, or at least the inspiration, for my quilt!  It was like recognizing an old friend.

Meanwhile, lets take another look at mine.


I made the photo as large as possible so you could see the gorgeous backing fabric.  I love the label as well.

I've shared the quilt, but I've not told about the very talented creator.  My swap partner was Patricia Riley, owner of Prairie Hill Retreat in Janesville, Wisconsin.  She included a brochure for her retreat center and it looks like a wonderful place to go with friends to quilt.  If you are interested, it is on Facebook.

I wanted to write this post yesterday when Lori put up the linky party, but I had plans to be down in Indianapolis to garden with my daughter.  We had a lovely day and the weather was perfect, so it was more yardwork last night when I got home.  My husband and I are in the process of building a raised-bed 4 feet wide by 20 feet long so I have lots more room for dahlias this year.

Have a wonderful day!
JoAnne

26 comments:

  1. I love the scrappiness of this little quilt and especially love the backing...It is pretty neat how this swap brings us all together because of our love of quilts. Lori is a pretty amazing gal !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt and that backing is super lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really scored--great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous little quilt! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh it's perfectly scrappy and sure does look like houses.. i LOVE it!!
    Thanks for posting about the book too, i have CW Legacies 1 & 2 now i'm off to check #3 :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous doll quilt! Simple patterns are ever enticing in repros.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous doll quilt! You are going to LOVE that book when it arrives! I just bought it last week and can honestly say that EVERY pattern in there is a definite must stitch!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable quilt - I've always thought it looked like houses too - glad your partner turned the blocks to be upright instead of sideways like the book has it. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you...your quilt does look like little houses. It's adorable. The backing is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The EB-5 Program, popularly known as the US investor visa or the permanent green card investor; offers a number of advantages for those who are interested in moving permanently to the United States.


    EB 5 regional centers, EB5 Immigrant Visa Program, EB 5 projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. haven't seen any new post...just hoping all is a ok with you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi JoAnne, miss seeing your posts. - Susan from PPQG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after going through many of the articles I realized it’s new to me. 경마사이트

    ReplyDelete
  15. I simply want to tell you that I am new to wordpress blogging and extremely admired your work. Likely I am going to store your blog post . You absolutely have great article material. Love it for swapping with us your favorite website page. 바둑이사이트

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the data you've shared in this incredible article is just magnificent. I am definitely going to make more use of this data in my future projects. You must continue sharing more data like this with us. 메이저놀이터


    ReplyDelete
  17. BookMyEssay’s team consists of highly qualified Experts who are dedicated to providing you with the best Algebra Homework Assignment Help at a pocket friendly price

    ReplyDelete