Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Other Things

Not too much quilting has been done this week.  On Tuesday, I had a day trip to the Williamsburg Winery with the Army Spouses' club.  Only 5 of us went, but it was a beautiful day and a spectacular setting.
 
The Merlot vineyard  (You can see that the leave are just getting started changing here)
 
 

 
As gorgeous as the day looks, it was.  It was a beautiful day.


 
This is the red wine cellar.  They two types are kept in different areas, and it was remarkable how different they smelled.  The white wine cellar was much more yeasty- smelling.

There are two restaurants on the grounds, one for lunch and one for dinner.  It was so nice that we ate outside. (I'm in the middle)
 
 
Yesterday I spent most of my time in the garage.  I have been working on painting some furniture the past couple weeks.  I got side-tracked for a bit, working on quilts, but the mess out there is driving me crazy.  So since we are having temps back up to 80, it is a nice time to work out there.  Have you heard of chalk paint?  That is what I'm using, although I made my own. 
 
Painting always seems like it is going to be easier than it is for me.  I'll get a coat on, and after it dries, I'll find a drip or something that needs to be sanded and redone.  Ugh.  It always seems like it is going to be much more fun than it is!  So far, I have both pieces painted, sanded (to distress), stained (to age) and now I just have to wax them.  There is a third piece that I would like to do, but it isn't going to get done until the next time it seems like it will be fun to paint!
 
I'll share photos later.  Of course, I forgot to take "before" pictures...  
 
I'm also off to get my flu shot today.  I know I will have the choice between the nose spray or the needle.  I always take the needle because not being able to blow my nose after that spray would drive me crazy.  How about you?  Do you like the nose spray or the needle?  Or do you avoid it altogether.  I would love to try the new tiny needle that is out there, but I don't think the military has it yet.
 
Have a great day!
JoAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment