Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lately

Yesterday was the second meeting of the bee I am now attending.  I had a really good time.  At the first one, I was working on appliqueing my Sarah's Revival blocks and the ladies were impressed so they asked me to teach my back-basting applique method at yesterday's meeting.  I did and they did great.  Many more ladies attended this one than the last one--I think because "summer" is over and many who were away traveling, etc. were back.  They are such a nice group of talented quilters and they really went out of their way to make me feel welcomed!  I must say that of all the different places/organizations I have been attending, they take the cake.  I also think that I may actually know all their first names, too, but we will have to see if I remember them by the next time!

I have finished another Sarah block. I'm up to 11 completed now!  I'm not doing as well as I had hoped, but I have more blocks prepped and I'm going to keep them down by the tv so I can stitch more while I watch tv.  I basted another block last night while I watched the debate.

 
 
Our taste of fall has vanished.  Yesterday it was in the upper 80s and muggy, muggy, muggy.  I'm by no means looking forward to winter and snow, but I would really like to be able to switch off the air conditioner once and for all!

Have a great day!
JoAnne

1 comment:

  1. How nice you have found a quilting group that is so welcoming. I can understand them being impressed with your applique. It is very impressive!! I wish you were closer, because I could sure use some applique lessons. This quilt is going to be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete