Back a while ago, I was working on my sampler quilt for the bee that I am in and I finished the center.
I proceeded with the border. For it, I needed to fussy-cut some stars.
This is the fabulous Jo Morton fabric that have used in several of the other projects that I've shown this summer. I needed to cut squares that are 3.5" with the star centered. To make it easy, I used a 40% coupon to get a 3.5" ruler.
I know that it is hard for you to see, but it was easy to line up the star cut-out with the fabric star. I then just rotary cut around the template. I found out that a bit of double stick tape on the back really helped keep it from sliding around.
...little bits of other star points remained.
This REALLY bothers me. Like when a lady's bra strap shows. Or like those really, really long, white eyebrow hairs that my husband seems to be growing in. That I pluck. Anyway, regardless of what they remind me of, they had to go!
The border is a bit complicated, so re-sizing it wasn't an option. I also didn't want to sew some of the navy parts of the fabric over the tips--too tedious, wasteful, and bulky. I've heard of many people using markers on their quilts when they need a quick, easy fix, so I decided to try it.
I tried using a black Pigma marker to fill in the undesired points.
As you can see, the marker was too sheer, so it wouldn't work.
So I visited my local craft shop where I found this--and it was even on clearance.
It's navy blue fabric paint.
Here I have painted the right hand corner.
Both of the corners are painted and they are still wet.
When dry, the tips weren't a perfect match, however, it was close enough for me. Much better than before.
Finished and close-up
And from a bit of a distance. I'm really pleased with how it looks.
Come back tomorrow because I'm revealing the finished quilt top!