Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How Would You Like to Share?

Hi Everyone,

I got many comments on my post on Sunday about using binding made of checks, plaids, and stripes.  It seems that I am not the only person who likes those types of fabrics as bindings.  I thought it would be fun to showcase some of mine as well as some of your favorite bindings.  They don't necessarily have to be plaid, check, or stipe, but if you have a picture of a creative binding and would like to share it, I would love to have a parade of bindings!  Just email me a photo or two at patrioticquilter@gmail.com by a week from Friday.  I will plan the post to be on Saturday, April 27. 


Meanwhile, this package arrived.  A large box and lots of packing material--all that was in it was a quilt book.

 
The book is totally awesome, by the way.  The Blue and The Gray by the Country Threads ladies, Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene

Thanks for sharing!
JoAnne

4 comments:

  1. I just got an email from Amazon that my book will be here Saturday--too bad I'm leaving for a retreat early that morning :-(
    I'm hoping it will arrive on Friday--keeping my fingers crossed!
    I will try to get a stripe binding photo in between packing--fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way back from retreat, we stopped at a quilt store and a friend bought that book. Some very cute quilts in it. Strange how they package some things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used striped fabric binding on some of the Quilts of Valor I made last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goody! My copy should be arriving soon then ... can't wait! Interested in seeing the posted pics on the binding ... that is my LEAST favorite part of putting together a quilt so perhaps inspiration will help ;-)

    ReplyDelete