Here is a picture of the pattern and sample. What really made me want to make this was that Robert Callaham, the designer, had made it out of Thimbleberries fabrics, and at the time, they were my absolute favorite fabrics!
I taught myself how to hand-applique to make this. I used freezer paper on the top of the fabric. I frequently used a fabric glue stick to glue the raw edges under. It worked okay. Since then, I learned to do the back-basting method of applique and I enjoy that technique much more. Once I got the top done, I hand-quilted it. It was the last "large" quilt that I hand-quilted.
The border featured some dimensional/folded details.
A terribly lit photo of the back, but it shows the quilting.
Teeny, tiny grapes there in the middle.
The book block was my favorite.
There were several pieced blocks, which helped. This block with the red flowers in the urn was the first I appliqued.