I washed it and while it was drying (and drying, and drying--my dryer didn't quite know what to do with a king-sized quilt and so would shut off when it panicked) I contemplated how to photograph the quilt. I already know from trying to photograph the flimsy that it didn't fit on my living room floor. I considered having a few people hold it up--but even my 6'1" husband would have to stand on a ladder.
Finally I determined that a good solution would be to clamp it up on the top edge of the privacy fence that surrounds my yard. On one side of the yard, the fence is up on a little rise, so the quilt would hang from the fence and then continue down on the ground down hill. So I went out and wiped down the fence and got out some woodworking clamps and then hauled out the quilt. It ended up working pretty good.
The whole thing in the photo above, and a detail shot below.
Now I just need to box it all up and send it off to Indiana where it will be living!