Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Update on my New Year's Resolution

Hi Everyone,

Are any of you still keeping your resolutions that were made way back at the beginning of the year?  I like to make resolutions that are fun to keep!  At the end of last year, I wrote this post which included my New Year's Resolution. 



Three cones of thread, each having 2500 yards.  That makes 7500 yards.  There are 1760 yards in a mile.  7500 divided by 1760 equals 4.26 miles of thread.  My resolution is to use it all this year!  Do you think I can?  I'm sure going to have fun trying!


Flash forward to yesterday.  It was August 28 and there are still 4 months left in the year. 


I watched as the end of  the thread from the third cone went through my machine.  I put on another cone and kept stitching as I still had two bobbins that were wound from one of these cones.  I used up the bobbins achieving my resolution! 

I'm fairly sure that I will be able to empty at least one more cone before the year ends.  Over 4 miles of thread and the year is only two thirds done! 

Have a great day!
JoAnne

13 comments:

  1. Way to go girl!! Loving your latest posts your most recent Schnibble.... The best colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comgratulations, this is a better resolution than trying to loose weight. I have been trying to use up all my neutral Metler threads and others, so I can just use Aurifil. This may take a while so maybe I should say my 2014 resolution is to use it all, won't make it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of sewing!! I have 2 big cones of Aurifil that I have been working on since the beginning of the year, but they seem to be holding out for the time being. Love your red Canasta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a great milestone and accomplishment...and a lot of sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me guess... you like mathematics... second to quilting of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done . Lets see how many more you can use before the end of the year. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive! I have a cone of Aurifil (6452 yds) that I have been using for some time; wish I would have put the date inside, darn! I only use it on top, and Bottom Line for the bobbin, so that makes almost 13,000 yards. I think I've been using it for 3 years. I guess I just need to sew more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Aurifil thread ... it seems to just "disappear" into the seams. That is a wonderful accomplishment ... you go girl!! I would imagine that Santa will have to bring you more for 2014 ... don't forget to put that on your Christmas list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those empty spools are fantastic. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That's a lot of sewing and I'm sure even more good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on meeting your goal JoAnn! That is a LOT of thread!! :)

    ReplyDelete