Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A First

Hi All,

I can't believe it, but I finally made my first mug rug!

Our guild is having a mug rug exchange for the December meeting.  I went searching for more Schnibbles leftovers and found a bag with these fabrics. 

 
The fabric is Luna Notte
 
 
I've had the Easy Dresden ruler for a while now and have wanted to play with it, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to make something.  I cut the "blades" from 3.5" strips.  I think the whole rug is around 8" square.
 
 
I first used a coordinating fabric in black for the center, thinking to also use it for the binding.  It was awful!  Then I found this charm square with the flowers near the center, so that I was able to cut the circle with the flowers centered.  I really like how it came out.
 
Everyone who participates in the exchange will get a number.  They will get to go to the displays of mug rugs in order and choose their favorite.  I can't wait to see all of them and I'll really try to remember to take my camera.
 
Have a great day!
JoAnne
 

 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yours is beautiful! Such soft pretty colours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete