Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Omigosh!

It's finished!  Finally!  Presenting my version of the Omigosh quilt.
I used very light water color like batiks and marbles for the lights, but all the colors are my own hand dyed fabrics, including the border.  Shall we take a closer look?

Now you can see that the quilt is made up of a churndash block and a double nine-patch block.  What is that laying on the quilt?

It's a...   dime!  Yes, now you can see the true scale of it.  Because one inch finished squares are so, er, "last year," I embraced the half inch finished square for this quilt!
I've been working off an on for the past 6 weeks, so I'm glad it is finally all together.  Now I just have to decide how it should be quilted.  Any ideas?  I KNOW it won't be by hand.

Aloha,
JoAnne

5 comments:

  1. 6 weeks? it would have taken me 6 years. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep....all I can say is WOW! I love it! And your comment on 1" squares being 'so yesterday'....too dang funny! I love anything pieced with lots of littles, so I am SO doing this one very soon! Thanks for the pics, and the inspiration!

    I just found your blog from your comment on Lane's blog.....so glad I check others' comments....I'll be browsing your blog now! And I'm a new follower! :o)

    Oh, and I was reading your last blog about thrift stores....yay on your fab fines! And where in HI are you stationed....my son was stationed in Mililani and we visited 3 times in his 2 1/2 years there.....wonderful! Waikiki is fun fun fun, and the Hali Koa Hotel (military) is amazing! What a beautiful stay we had on the visit when my son got married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Joan...only 6 weeks!! Would've taken me a little longer. :-) It's just gorgeous and your hand dyed fabrics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my list too!! KaPOW girl!! I am sooooooo impressed! I think I get side tracked with other projects. Seems you just hunker down and hang with it till it's done!!!
    Swooning over this one, that's for sure!!! I LOVE messing with the little tiny pieces too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Marathon quilting at it's best!

    ReplyDelete