Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Hawaiian Quilt Guild Show

I should have blogged about the show before it actually got over, but my it has been a busy two weeks.  The show was fabulous!  I can't describe how gorgeous it was to open the door to the gallery and enter a world of color, cotton, and creativity.  What we as quilters do is to create art and to see it displayed as so, in a gallery, with great lighting, is so awesome.  Here is a shot of what you saw after entering:

On opening night there was a group of string players which really added to the festivities.  Here are some more gallery shots.



Our featured quilter was Sharon Nakasone and her quilts/bags/postcards etc. were remarkable in their craftsmanship.  Sharon is a gorgeous machine quilter and a master embellisher.  At a glance, they look great, but when you study them close up, the detail is extraordinary.  Here is an example:
I'm not sure if you can see in this photo, but the octopus's legs are encrusted with hundreds of tiny beads to represent the "suction cups."

All in all, it was an excellent show.  So many people worked hard to make it a success but I'm only going to mention Cheryl Lynch, who bravely volunteered to be the head of the show.  So many other people worked on various aspects that I don't want to start mentioning names becasue surely I would forget someone.  Everyone, your hard work made for an beautiful show!  Thanks to all.

Aloha,
JoAnne


No comments:

Post a Comment