Pages

Welcome

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric... Welcome to the Patriotic Quilter where I like to share all things quilty as well as red, white, and blue! Please feel free to look around and enjoy yourself! I would love to hear from you.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Decking the Halls

Hi Everyone,

I finished my secret Christmas projects yesterday!  What's more, since Thursday is pizza night at our house, there was enough evening time for my husband to get out, and put up the two biggest trees.  He is in the Army, as most of you know, and doesn't get home until 7pm most nights.  By the time we have dinner, there isn't much of the day left!  Anyway, I'm going to spend my day with Christmas music on while I decorate.  Hopefully I can get a bunch of it done today.

Meanwhile, something quilty...

These are two patterns that I recently purchased.  I think I'm like most of you and probably could happily quilt away the rest of my life with the patterns and books that I already have, BUT you know we always fall in love with more, right?

First was this one.  Carrie had a picture of the finished quilt on her Instagram feed and I fell in love with it instantly.  I don't remember seeing the pattern before, although it has been out for a while.


The next one is from Marcie Patch and is her newest pattern.


Both of these are calling to me, but I suspect they won't be made until next year.  Once I get back into my quilting room there are a few Christmas projects that I'd like to work on during the festive holiday, if I have time!

Have a great weekend!
JoAnne

7 comments:

  1. The Miss Rosie pattern looks like lots of half square triangles. I saw a picture of the quilt recently and it is a beauty. Her patterns have been so popular the last couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to buy Lincoln's Promise, too~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE Miss Rosie's patterns and usually add them to my stash of patterns ... getting to be the size of my fabric stash, I must admit! Lincoln's Promise looks interesting but there are lots of flying geese and having just finished something with a HUGE "gaggle" of those geese makes me want to take a rest from the "flock" for awhile ... LOL Would love to see pictures of your Holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Heartland for several years, but still haven't gotten around to making it. I have a bunch of patterns like that. So many patterns, so little time! Lincoln's Promise is a new one to me though. I'll enjoy seeing your versions as I know it will be at least another couple of years before I get to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have many patterns but seeing the latest projects in blogland makes me want more. You found some good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great quilt patterns.... I think I'd have had to get them as well. Looking forward to seeing your versions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Pizza night! Count us in! LOL :-) Those are both lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete